Monday 24 May 2010

Sunshine, New Card and Folksy Feature

Well, this year is certainly flying. I've barely had time to think, let alone blog. I am now a year older (it was my birthday on Wednesday), we have a new little niece (Esme Martha born today!) and we have even had some sunshine for the last few days too! We decided to make the most of the weather and headed to Whitley Bay on Saturday for ice creams on the beach. It was lovely and so much quieter than the beaches would be down south. One definite advantage, I'm learning, to living up here. The other thing I am growing to like up here are the crazily vast moors where you can walk for miles and won't see another person. We had a wander on the way home from the seaside -the last photo below is me in our glorified back garden!











I have been busy working on custom card orders today as I am freelancing on a magazine for the next three days and wanted to get as many as possible made and posted out. No time for pics of today's orders but here are some photos of a card order from last week which I liked. It is an engagement card and the customer requested white on white for the colours. I hadn't thought of that before but thought it worked really well. I'll definitely be using these scheme again.







Oh, and the other exciting news is that Storeyshop is currently a 'featured seller' on Folksy! With my new name and everything. I'm very pleased to be showcased among some other fantastic sellers.


3 comments:

Brooke (squishythefish) said...

Nice post - I wish we could quickly go to a beach! I really love the white on white card!

helen rawlinson said...

That beach looks very inviting! Liking the white on white, perfect for weddings!

Liz of Wool Boutique said...

Congrats on the Folksy feature. I hope you had a lovely birthday. I would have left you a f'book message but Sweden left me internet-less.