Friday 7 May 2010

Hand Cut Wedding Table Numbers

Really looking forward to seeing our professional wedding photos but, until I have some of those to post, I thought I'd add some pics of the table numbers I made for the big day. I had to have some papercut action in there somewhere! The only thing is... I don't actually think anyone took any photos of the tables at the wedding. Probably a good sign that we were having too much fun! Some might turn up though so will add some if they do. Here they are on my trusty cutting mat...



I didn't really know what do for them when I started but found the fancy-looking typeface we used on our 'save the dates' and used it to print the numbers we needed nice and big. I started off cutting out different bits in navy blue and gold (our loose colour theme) and making them quite fussy but then decided just to keep it simple and, instead, cut each one from black card which would be stiff enough to stand up on its own without any backing.

I was planning to buy some metal table number holders to pop the finished numbers in to but they work out quite expensive (although I have since found some nice ones at quite a good price in Tesco if anyone is after some) so I decided to use an idea I had seen in a wedding magazine for place names, and use corks as little stands.







Oh and, obviously, the other essential item in the whole process was a lovely cup of tea! I think I am going to add hand-cut table numbers to my shop too as I loved making them and would enjoy making them for other peoples' weddings and other events. I did have a quick look at what was around to buy before deciding to make ours and there didn't seem to be much. Do get in touch if you would like something similar made for you. My next little 'show and tell' will be our cheap but chic (notice the theme here?) table place names.

11 comments:

Mia said...

They're fantastic!! Well done you :D
I'd definitely recommend to any friends getting married if you did sell them!
xx

Unknown said...

They are brilliant, I wish i knew you before my wedding!!!

Anna said...

Love them!! ahhh well done you.
Congratulations too!!! Look forward to any photos you may post
xx

Quietly Otaku said...

They look great thanks for posting this peek at your wedding decor : D

Nicole-Lynn said...

They look awesome! Great job!

Fay's Studio said...

Wow these are really lovely, such an original idea.

Liz of Wool Boutique said...

Lovely, well done! Really looking forward to seeing your wedding photos :D

Julie Kirk said...

What a lovely simple idea beautifully executed. It's also one of my favourite styles of font. :)

estie + haskell said...

Beyond gorgeous!! I'm in awe!

jenn

ellerie jones said...

Hey I love your table numbers! Please could you give me a quote for 12?

Thanks!

Storeyshop said...

Hi Ellerie,

I'd love to make you a set of table numbers. Glad you like them! For a set of 12, like the ones in this blog post, it will be £38. I'll offer free shipping too.

My email address is helen@storeyshop.co.uk or you can contact me over at www.storeyshop.etsy.com

Thanks!
Helen