Tuesday 21 April 2009

Shopping, Sun and Hallways

Oops, my daily blogging has slipped a bit again. Nevermind. I had a weekend off and spent my blog time yesterday sitting in the garden. The weather is so nice and we don't get that very often so thought I'd make the most of it!

We had a very nice weekend. I braved the shopping mall on Saturday which is quite rare as I usually use the perk of working from home to sneak there on a nice, quiet weekday if I need to. It actually wasn't that bad, though. I was shopping for a present for my soon-to-be 11 year old niece, Freya. It was strange wandering around trying to pick a present. I kept finding something nice and then thinking 'Oh no, what if it's really un-cool?'. Maybe, I am now the old, unfashionable Aunt? I hope I have done ok with my picks. I better not say what I got, just in case she looks at this.

I must admit, I did treat myself to a few things too. A few nice tops, a necklace and a beach bag. I hadn't been shopping in quite a while so it was nice to not know what was going to be in any of the shops. When I used to work in central London, I used to nip in a shop or two most lunch times so would always know what was around. It got a bit boring (and expensive!) It's my birthday next month so I am going to try and save all my purchases to wear over my birthday weekend and trip down south. We'll see how I do.

Apart from my shopping trip, we went for a bike ride, chilled out in the garden, did some boring cleaning, went to the pub, ate nice food and put some photos up in the hallway. I have had the photos in the lounge in various stages of development for ages so it's nice to finally get them up. I'm still on the look out for more vintage and metal frames to add but here's how it's looking...




Most of the frames are oldies which I have altered in some way, I painted a couple, covered a few and added new wall hanging hooks on the back of some. Cheap and unique! It's a bit of a far cry from the interior magazines but maybe once we sort the floor out and cover the dodgy, hand-me-down nest of tables you can see on the stairs it will start looking alright.

Today I have been making new cards. I'm trying out the 'I love you more than...' cards in different colours and with some new subjects. There was a forum post on Etsy earlier today asking everyone's favourite foods. It was inspiration for a lady who makes felt play food but it was interesting reading for me too. A few of those ideas will be appearing on cards soon!











No comments: