Monday 8 September 2008

Taxing

Hello, I haven't been updating my blog much lately due to the dreaded tax return! I have been busy trying to organise my accounts and let's just say it took some time. I'm not the most organised when it comes to keeping receipts together and printing invoices and I'd never even done a spreadsheet before. I think I am finally sorted though. I have honed my Excel skills and have promised myself (and Dave!) that I will be organised from now on so the next tax form doesn't take days.

The Great Swim is fast approaching too. Thank you very much to everyone who has sponsored me for Marie Curie Cancer Care. I have my start time and my ankle timer (I don't know that I would have signed up if I knew it was carefully timed!) is in the post. No backing out now. I have been for lots of swims lately. A few in the local pools and a couple in the Lake District. We went for a dip in Ullwater this morning and it was extra deep due to all the heavy rain (the jetties were under water) and absolutely freezing! The coldest yet -I could hardly put my face in. Hopefully it can only be warmer than that...

Still time to sponsor me! There's a link top right :)

Other than swimming and boring spreadsheets, I have been making more new sock monkeys and lots of cards. I have just posted two Grey Retro Monkeys to New York! I need to make more little bags this week too as my supplies are getting low. See the shop for new additions...

Oh yeah, the Chainbridge Honey Farm Fair the other weekend was good too. Note the Ibex in the banner on their website made by Dave and his dad! I sold a few monkeys, cards and bags which was great especially as it was pouring down most of the afternoon.

Here's a photo of my modest little stall in the craft tent..



Right back to my monkey ear sewing and dinner!

Ta ra

No comments: